![]() |
| Scarlet (The Holy Grail of Eris -Episode 5-) |
In the past, I used Grammarly to write a research paper and essay for my American History and American Politics classes respectively. I'm no longer have my American History research paper, but I still have my essays for American Politics. I got a B on the American History research paper and A or B (Don't remember) on my American Politics essays.
However...
Now, I feel very uncomfortable with my past college writing papers because I discovered something in last year.
In that last year, I found out Grammarly is actually using AI for the spelling and grammar check.I've expressed my disgust about it on my crossovers deviantart account and I did a follow up after a fellow crossover fan and friend told me that I should NOT be ashamed of my writing style.
When I was younger, I used OpenOffice Writer, Microsoft Word, Wordpad, and LibreOffice to write my fanfics. I still used OpenOffice for my writing outlines and notes and Microsoft Word for my college essays as I've stopped using grammarly for my college-related writings and I used Microsoft Word's grammar and spelling check instead for my college papers.
When I wanted to try other writing assistance sites like Ginger and ProWritingAid, I also found out those sites are also using AI for the spelling and grammar check.
It is just so frustrating because if I would to keep using the spelling and grammar checks then people would think I am using AI to write my fanfics when I never ONCE used ChatCPT or the Grammarly's Grammarly’s generative AI assistance to write. I have that the AI assistance OFF in my Grammarly account because one time, I tested it out and the AI made me feel VERY insecure about my writing.
In other words, in my opinion, a AI writing assistance and ChatCPT could damage a passionate writer's motivation.
I've been relying on Grammarly for its spelling and grammar check for years and I wanted to stop using it and go back to the old fashioned way; write the fanfics on paper and type it out on OpenOffice.
Yes, I've been writing my fanfics directly on Grammarly. Like I would log in and click on that green new doc bottom on the web app. I used the Grammarly Editor app on my laptop before it discontinued in 2024.
I have two crossover fanfic chapters drafts in the Grammarly web app. All I have in my documents on my laptop is the fanfic notes, outlines, etc. I do not write my fanfic chapters on Openoffice.
Maybe I should start writing fanfics on Openoffice and rely less on Grammarly, but I am too reliant on Grammarly. I feel openoffice would make my writing looked uglier. Despite not having a Grammar Pro (I will NEVER get one because I refuse to support AI), Grammarly's yellow underlines still tells me what is need to be fixed and I use common sense to fix the issues.
Well, at the end, my writing style may be SHIT, but a least I do not use AI to write my fanfics. (Reference to that anti AI "art" thing)

No comments:
Post a Comment